March 24, 2017

Employers Increase Amount Spent on Benefits

According to the Employment Cost Index Report that the Labor Department released for the 2nd Quarter, the costs that employers pay for employee benefits increased 2.5% since June 2009 and an additional 1.8% since June 2008 – totaling a 4.3% increase for the past two years.  Similar to other recent statistics regarding the economy, this statistic provides further proof that the economy is growing, albeit rather slowly.

Speak Your Mind